- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Fantastic Swimnastics: Aquatics Fitness in Cape
Keep your heart rate up, build strength and endurance while keeping cool this summer! The Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department invites you to take Swimnastics at Central Municipal Pool.
The classes are instructed by Pat Grebe, who has taught aquatic fitness classes for 18 years at the pool. Aquatic classes can be used for arthritic injuries, a quick warm up for the day or as a fun excuse to jump in the pool. The class is meant to improve cardiovascular fitness, tone muscles, and increase flexibility by using the water's resistance.
The classes are available from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. to noon. Activities include water workouts, water weights and wall exercises to help keep your body moving. If you love aerobics then you will love Swimnastics; you get to exercise outside, get some sun and cool down at the same time.
I took the class last week and during the course, we did things like stretching our necks and arms, tummy tightening and core strengthening exercises, leg exercises and some fun water aerobics moves. Grebe was very friendly and seemed quite eager to see new faces ready to take the plunge into Swimnastics with her.
A regular Swimnastics attendee mentioned that a lady in her nineties joins the group regularly. The Swimnastics regulars say the lady is a source of motivation to keep attending and staying fit.
Come check it out-your first class is free! Cape Central Municipal Pool is located at 1920 Whitener Street. For more information please call the Central Pool at 573-335-4040, or visit our website at cityofcapegirardeau.org/aquatics.