- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Three hurt in Millersville collision
Three people were hurt in a collision Saturday on Highway 72 in Millersville.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, a 2005 Hyundai Sonata driven by Joe Schaffer, 39, of Perkins, Mo., pulled into the path of a 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier driven by Joshua Karn, 16, of Fredericktown, Mo., shortly before 1 p.m.
Three passengers in Schaffer's vehicle -- Clarissa Mayberry, 16, of Fruitland, Steven Niswonger, 18, of Perkins and Shelia Proffer, 41, of Perkins -- were taken to Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau with moderate injuries.
Schaffer's vehicle was totaled, and Karns' vehicle sustained extensive damage.