- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
WOLF LAKE, Ill. -- William R. "Shorty" Randles, 89, of Wolf Lake passed away Thursday, July 5, 2012, at Anna Rehab and Nursing Center in Anna, Ill., with his children at his side.
He was born April 20, 1923, in Jonesboro, Ill., son of James G. and Gladys Wilson Randles. He married Eula Knight on Nov. 29, 1942, and they lovingly shared 59 years of marriage. She preceded him in death Sept. 6, 2002.
William is survived by a daughter, Janelle (John) Goodson of Stuttgart, Ark.; a son, Greg (Candy) Randles of Alto Pass, Ill.; three grandchildren, Jason Goodson of New Berlin, Ill., Lisa (Andy) Ellet of Grand Tower, Ill., Kirk Randles of Wolf Lake; three great-grandchildren, Alli Goodson, Lily and Katie; other relatives and many friends.
He was preceded in death by his parents; wife; and a brother, James L. Randles.
Shorty proudly served his country during World War II in the Aleutian Islands in 1943.
He worked at the Trojan Powder Plant in Wolf Lake until 1955 when he became postmaster in Wolf Lake. He retired in 1990 after 32 years of service.
Shorty enjoyed hunting, working on his yard and farm. He dearly loved singing in his church in Wolf Lake.
Friends may call from noon until service time today at Rendleman and Hileman Funeral Home in Jonesboro.
The funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. today at the funeral home, with the Rev. Stephanie Voss officiating. Interment will be in Jonesboro Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be made to Wolf Lake United Methodist Church. Envelopes will be available at the funeral home.
To view this obituary and leave a condolence for the family, please visit www.rendlemanhilemanfh.com.