- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Christ Lutheran hosting On Main Street
Christ Lutheran Church, 248 Albert Lane in Gordonville, will host On Main Street from 6 to 8:15 p.m. today through July 12. On Main Street, children will be drawn into stories Jesus told about everyday people in everyday situations that challenged people to look at themselves and others in new and unexpected ways. For more information, call 243-0978 or 243-6651.
Vacation Bible school to be held in Scott City
There will be a vacation Bible school, called Amazing Wonders Aviation, at 1102 Second St. behind Casey's in Scott City. It will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. today through July 12. Children in kindergarten through sixth grades are invited to join. Family night will be July 12, and there will be a pool party July 13.
St. Lawrence Parish holding annual picnic
St. Lawrence Parish in New Hamburg, Mo., will hold its annual picnic from 5 to 11:30 p.m. July 13 and from 3 to 11:30 p.m. July 14. There will be a smorgasbord dinner with fried chicken, chicken and dumplings, roast beef and gravy with all the trimmings from 4 to 7 p.m. July 14 at the St. Lawrence Parish Center. Admission for adults is $8, children 6 to 12 $4 and children 5 and younger are free. A washers tournament will be held at 6:30 p.m. July 13. Events on July 14 include a horseshoe tournament at 1 p.m., a turtle race (bring your own box turtle) at 6 p.m. and a children's tractor pull at 7 p.m.
Jehovah's Witnesses invitation to convention
ST. CHARLES, Mo. -- Jehovah's Witnesses will host the 2012 "Safeguard Your Heart!" District Convention at 9:20a.m. July 20 at the St. Charles Family Arena. The convention program will provide an examination of Biblical references to the figurative heart. Through discourses, dramatic Bible readings and presentations and a live play, program parts will emphasize how protecting the figurative heart will enhance one's spiritual well-being, family life and happiness. For more information, call Tom Kelsey at 450-4303 or Charles Brown at 314-630-3392.
Family registration day in Perryville set
Family Registration Day will be held from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. July 31 at the Perryville Area Career and Technology Center on the Perry County School District campus. This is for students who will attend Perryville Elementary, Perry County Middle School or Perryville High School in the fall. Families are asked to bring proof of residency, which can be a utility bill or rent receipt with a street address (not P.O. box), birth certificate for each enrolling child, Social Security card and updated immunization records. Enrollment forms and a campus map can be found at perryville.k12.mo.us, under Announcements. The first day of school for students will be Aug. 15. For more information, call 573-547-7500, extension 328.
The Chuck Wagon Gang in concert
Hobbs Chapel United Methodist Church, 3024 State Highway 177 in Cape Girardeau, will celebrate 75 years of gospel music by hosting The Chuck Wagon Gang at 7 p.m. Aug. 2. For more information, call 334-3080 or 275-5443.