- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)7
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Speak Out 7/6/12
I just want to call and let the Southeast Missourian know that I live in a trailer court and I am very appreciative of what the person who delivers my paper does. I can have a hard time getting down the steps. I just want to let him know that I live at Shadybrook and he puts my paper on the porch every morning and that means a lot to me. I have had the Missourian for years, and I just want to tell him thank you and let him know he is doing a fantastic job.
You can tell by the city's actions that it wants to get rid of us low income renters in Cape. Last year they pushed this new sewer tax on us and there was already one on the books, but that increased my rent by $20 to $25 a month. And now I read that they want to do a rental inspection. Just who do they think is going to pay for this? If my landlord has to hire somebody to unlock a door so an inspector can come in and inspect -- and of course they are going to find something -- that is going to cost money. Who do you think pays for that?