- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)4
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)3
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
- Cape woman hopes son's death in Chattanooga will lead to better policing (11/30/16)11
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
Speak Out 7/6/12
I just want to call and let the Southeast Missourian know that I live in a trailer court and I am very appreciative of what the person who delivers my paper does. I can have a hard time getting down the steps. I just want to let him know that I live at Shadybrook and he puts my paper on the porch every morning and that means a lot to me. I have had the Missourian for years, and I just want to tell him thank you and let him know he is doing a fantastic job.
You can tell by the city's actions that it wants to get rid of us low income renters in Cape. Last year they pushed this new sewer tax on us and there was already one on the books, but that increased my rent by $20 to $25 a month. And now I read that they want to do a rental inspection. Just who do they think is going to pay for this? If my landlord has to hire somebody to unlock a door so an inspector can come in and inspect -- and of course they are going to find something -- that is going to cost money. Who do you think pays for that?