- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Speak Out 7/6/12
I just want to call and let the Southeast Missourian know that I live in a trailer court and I am very appreciative of what the person who delivers my paper does. I can have a hard time getting down the steps. I just want to let him know that I live at Shadybrook and he puts my paper on the porch every morning and that means a lot to me. I have had the Missourian for years, and I just want to tell him thank you and let him know he is doing a fantastic job.
You can tell by the city's actions that it wants to get rid of us low income renters in Cape. Last year they pushed this new sewer tax on us and there was already one on the books, but that increased my rent by $20 to $25 a month. And now I read that they want to do a rental inspection. Just who do they think is going to pay for this? If my landlord has to hire somebody to unlock a door so an inspector can come in and inspect -- and of course they are going to find something -- that is going to cost money. Who do you think pays for that?