- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)20
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Candidate questionnaire: Julie Metzger
NAME: Julie Metzger
PLACE OF BIRTH:
Perryville, MO - Parents are Paul and Donna Hoeckele
SPOUSE, CHILDREN'S NAMES:
I am married to Mike Metzger; we have 3 children: Mick (Meredith) Metzger, Tyler Metzger and Natalie Metzger. We have one granddaughter, Savannah Metzger.
I am the Director of Case Management/Social Services, licensed clinical social worker
I am a graduate of St. Vincent High School, Perryville MO.
I have a Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) from Southeast MO State University and a
Master of Social Work (MSW) from Saint Louis University.
I am a MO Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) and an
Accredited Case Manager (ACM) through the America Case Management.
EMPLOYER: Southeast HEALTH
BUSINESSES OWNED, ALL OR PART: n/a
PUBLIC OFFICES HELD OR SOUGHT; GIVE DATES:
Public Administrator for Cape Girardeau County 2012
WHAT MAKES YOU THE BEST CANDIDATE FOR THIS OFFICE?
I possess both the professional and administrative experience required for the duties of Public Administrator. My 25 years experience as a social worker and my education, including a Master of Social Work, has prepared me to serve in this position. I counsel, advocate and educate clients with complex physical and mental health issues; managing their financial and resource needs. As a director, I implement fiscal and healthcare policy, and lead a team of service professionals.
WHY ARE YOU SEEKING THIS SEAT IN SUCH A CROWDED FIELD?
Assisting clients and their loved ones has been my lifelong passion. I have devoted my professional career to helping individuals' reach their full potential from beginning of life needs through end of life care. I have extensive knowledge of federal, state and local programs and resources, and in-depth experience in collaborating with relative community agencies. I would be honored to continue to serve clients in need of representation while serving the citizens of Cape County.
Protecting the dignity and respect for those unable to speak for themselves is a tremendous privilege. Passion for service combined with my education and experience prepares me for the responsibilities of Public Administrator. I am committed to protecting my clients' physical and financial well being along with managing the resources of Cape Girardeau County in an efficient and professional manner. I will implement the highest standards of public service for the office of Public Administrator.