- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Wallingford proposes bill to collect sales taxes on online purchases (1/11/17)30
Candidate questionnaire: Amy Jones
NAME: Amy Jones
DATE OF BIRTH: June 24, 1969
PLACE OF BIRTH: Perryville, Missouri
SPOUSE, CHILDREN'S NAMES:
I have been married to Jackson native Gerry Jones for 16 years. We have four wonderful children: Jed, William, John Henry and Isabel.
Owner of a real estate development and construction company
I am an honors graduate of Stephens College in Columbia, Missouri, with a degree in Business Administration. I also attended one semester at the University of Salzburg, Austria
Jones Landmark Development, LLC
BUSINESSES OWNED, ALL OR PART:
Jones Landmark Development, Century 21 Dutch Realty, Quantus Development, AG Jones Properties
PUBLIC OFFICES HELD OR SOUGHT; GIVE DATES:
WHAT MAKES YOU THE BEST CANDIDATE FOR THIS OFFICE?
The office of Assessor requires someone with a strong work ethic and excellent management skills. I have over 18 years of extensive, diverse real estate experience as a developer, builder and broker/owner of a real estate sales company where I successfully led a large team. I possess a comprehensive understanding of the Assessor's roles and duties. I have the qualifications, knowledge and attention to detail necessary to effectively manage all aspects of the office.
YOUR PREDECESSOR WAS IN OFFICE FOR DECADES. HOW WILL YOU ENSURE A SMOOTH TRANSITION TO NEW LEADERSHIP?
Jerry Reynolds and I have an excellent working relationship. Once elected, Mr. Reynolds has agreed to allow me access to the office. I will immediately begin the changeover by working with him and his excellent staff by identifying needs, establishing goals and developing plans for implementation. I have purchased and successfully transitioned into a business with a staff the same size as the Assessor's office before, so I am confident the transition will be seamless.
I would be honored to serve Cape Girardeau County as your next Assessor. I possess the skills, strong work ethic and devotion to community essential for guiding the Assessor's office. As your Assessor, I will work closely with the County Commission to attract and retain jobs while continuously seeking ways to make the Assessor's office more efficient and accessible, thereby saving the taxpayers' money. I sincerely ask for your support and vote on August 7th.