- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Joyce Day, 70, of Advance passed away Monday, July 2, 2012, at her home.
She was born Dec. 2, 1941, at Senath, Mo., daughter of Arthur Zeno and Azlee Edwards Davis Green.
Joyce was a secretary 22 years at Rhodes Oil Co. in Advance. She was a member of Advance Eagles, and attended the Church of Christ.
Joyce and Charles Hawkins were married in 1958 at Dexter, Mo. She later married Hubert Day in 1978 in Advance. He preceded her in death Dec. 13, 1997.
Survivors include two sons, Vince (Laura) Hawkins and Jeff (Brenda) Hawkins of Advance; a special friend, Lynn Casey of the home; a brother, Arthur Green of Sturdivant, Mo.; a sister, Lavern Hampton of Advance; seven grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents and husband.
Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until service time today at Morgan Funeral Chapel.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. today at the chapel. Burial will be in Morgan Memorial Park.