- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
LEOPOLD, Mo. -- Gary D. Geringer, 67, of Leopold, formerly of Bloomington, Ind., passed away Monday, July 2, 2012, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Sept. 7, 1944, in Cape Girardeau, son of Sylvester A. and Hannah E. Farmer Geringer. He and Geri Beussink were married April 24, 1971, in Leopold.
Geringer graduated from Notre Dame Regional High School in 1962.
He served many years in Jackson National Guard Unit.
Geringer worked at Wetterau in Scott City and Bloomington. He retired to the Leopold community in November 2009 and was a member of St. John's Catholic Church.
He enjoyed playing golf, going to shooting matches, pistol shooting, watching his sons play baseball, football and his daughter play softball. He loved going on vacation with the family, caring for his flowers, feeding the birds, watching the deer, barbecuing and going to Jer's for coffee klatching.
Survivors include his wife, Geri; two sons, Chad (Paula) Geringer of San Diego; Jason (Katie) Geringer of Charlotte, N.C.; a daughter, Nicole (Scott) Shelton of Kingston, Wash.; his mother, Hannah (Cletus) Todt of Cape Girardeau; two brothers, Rick (Debbie) Geringer of Festus, Mo., Scott (Lena) Geringer of Cape Girardeau; three granddaughters, Ella Shelton, Mia, Marina and Siena Geringer.
Preceding him in death were his father; and a brother, Michael Geringer.
Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. today at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill, Mo. Parish prayers will be at 7 p.m.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Friday at St. John's Catholic Church, with the Rev. William Hennecke officiating. Interment will be in the church cemetery, with full military honors by VFW Post 5900.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to St. John's Prayer Garden.