- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)7
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)23
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- Former KFVS12 reporter talks about recovery from eating disorder (2/23/17)11
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
- Two men crack market with local cage-free eggs (2/26/17)12
Paid election letter: Lichtenegger an inspiration
I want to personally thank the volunteers from Southeast Missouri for coming to our aid after the devastating tornado that came through my district and took 161 of our citizens and literally destroyed everything in sight for miles. Many of you have returned repeatedly over the past year to help us rebuild. From myself and the citizens of Joplin, Mo., and Duquesne, Mo., thank you. Without your prayers and help, we would not be as far along as we are. God bless you all.
I also wanted to thank state Rep. Donna Lichtenegger for her amazing help after the tornado. Donna was one of the first of my fellow representatives to arrive in Joplin to comfort my family and all those who were affected by the storm. Donna didn't come for a photo op; she came to help in any way possible. I remember the day Donna and I were helping a family who lost their home. I believe we all cried, but knew we had to push through the tears and do what we could. Because of the compassion she has for her fellow Missourians, she came a second time and again went to work. She gained knowledge firsthand of our need and has been able to relay this to others. I wish to thank Donna; she was a great friend in the time of need and continues to be an inspiration to me and my family.
Donna has proven to me to be knowledgeable and to be an amazing and compassionate woman who has earned the respect and admiration of her fellow representatives.
Again, I thank the people of Southeast Missouri for your caring over the past year.
CHARLIE DAVIS, State Representative, 128th District, 1624 Lakeview Drive, Webb City, MO 64870