- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- Mother, child reportedly hit by car in Cape Girardeau (6/18/18)
Paid election letter: Lichtenegger an inspiration
I want to personally thank the volunteers from Southeast Missouri for coming to our aid after the devastating tornado that came through my district and took 161 of our citizens and literally destroyed everything in sight for miles. Many of you have returned repeatedly over the past year to help us rebuild. From myself and the citizens of Joplin, Mo., and Duquesne, Mo., thank you. Without your prayers and help, we would not be as far along as we are. God bless you all.
I also wanted to thank state Rep. Donna Lichtenegger for her amazing help after the tornado. Donna was one of the first of my fellow representatives to arrive in Joplin to comfort my family and all those who were affected by the storm. Donna didn't come for a photo op; she came to help in any way possible. I remember the day Donna and I were helping a family who lost their home. I believe we all cried, but knew we had to push through the tears and do what we could. Because of the compassion she has for her fellow Missourians, she came a second time and again went to work. She gained knowledge firsthand of our need and has been able to relay this to others. I wish to thank Donna; she was a great friend in the time of need and continues to be an inspiration to me and my family.
Donna has proven to me to be knowledgeable and to be an amazing and compassionate woman who has earned the respect and admiration of her fellow representatives.
Again, I thank the people of Southeast Missouri for your caring over the past year.
CHARLIE DAVIS, State Representative, 128th District, 1624 Lakeview Drive, Webb City, MO 64870