- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)17
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Leo D. McClard, 85, of Jackson died Tuesday, July 3, 2012, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born May 1, 1927, in Cape Girardeau, to the late Arlis and Mabel Propst McClard.
Leo graduated from College High School, served in the U.S. Coast Guard and then the U.S. Navy. Leo graduated with a bachelor of science degree in education from Southeast Missouri State University and a master of arts in education from Washington University.
McClard taught high school mathematics in St. Louis and Chicago for 30 years. Leo was a faithful member and Sunday school teacher of First Baptist Church of Oak Ridge.
Loving survivors include his wife of 64 years, Janice; son, Bruce McClard; daughters, Lynne Stroud (Dean), Lisa Biri (Mike) and Dana Ayres (John), all of Jackson; brother, Leroy McClard of Nashville, Tenn.; sister, Rosemary Davis of Cape Girardeau; eight grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a brother, Don McClard.
Friends may call from 10 to 11 a.m. Friday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Chapel in Cape Girardeau.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the funeral home. Burial will be at Lorimier Cemetery in Cape Girardeau.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.