- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Golden Corral nearing opening; soft open scheduled for Monday or Tuesday (2/12/17)8
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)21
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Man hurt in Cape Girardeau traffic crash
A Cape Girardeau man was injured in a traffic accident on North Kingshighway early Tuesday afternoon.
An Ameren Missouri truck was southbound in the 100 block of North Kingshighway about 2:20 p.m., when a southbound gray Chevrolet Corsica struck the right front of the truck, said Cape Girardeau police officer David Valentine.
The collision spun the Corsica around, causing it to end up facing northbound in the center turn lane of the highway, Valentine said.
Firefighters had to extricate the unidentified driver of the Corsica from his vehicle. An ambulance transported him to Saint Francis Medical Center with injuries that did not appear life-threatening, Valentine said. The incident remained under investigation Tuesday.
100 North Kingshighway, Cape Girardeau, MO