- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Man hurt in Cape Girardeau traffic crash
A Cape Girardeau man was injured in a traffic accident on North Kingshighway early Tuesday afternoon.
An Ameren Missouri truck was southbound in the 100 block of North Kingshighway about 2:20 p.m., when a southbound gray Chevrolet Corsica struck the right front of the truck, said Cape Girardeau police officer David Valentine.
The collision spun the Corsica around, causing it to end up facing northbound in the center turn lane of the highway, Valentine said.
Firefighters had to extricate the unidentified driver of the Corsica from his vehicle. An ambulance transported him to Saint Francis Medical Center with injuries that did not appear life-threatening, Valentine said. The incident remained under investigation Tuesday.
100 North Kingshighway, Cape Girardeau, MO