- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Custom cuts: Local hairstylist provides free haircuts to special-needs children (6/26/17)3
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Marble Hill man accused of beating, kidnapping woman (6/27/17)
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)2
- Oran town board fired officer before hiring him as police chief; city officials say they can't remember reason for firing (6/25/17)2
- Playing with fire (6/25/17)
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Business notebook: Man's cheesecake whim becomes a full-time vocation (6/26/17)
Man hurt in Cape Girardeau traffic crash
A Cape Girardeau man was injured in a traffic accident on North Kingshighway early Tuesday afternoon.
An Ameren Missouri truck was southbound in the 100 block of North Kingshighway about 2:20 p.m., when a southbound gray Chevrolet Corsica struck the right front of the truck, said Cape Girardeau police officer David Valentine.
The collision spun the Corsica around, causing it to end up facing northbound in the center turn lane of the highway, Valentine said.
Firefighters had to extricate the unidentified driver of the Corsica from his vehicle. An ambulance transported him to Saint Francis Medical Center with injuries that did not appear life-threatening, Valentine said. The incident remained under investigation Tuesday.
100 North Kingshighway, Cape Girardeau, MO