- Former Sikeston DPS director denies knowing about allegations against detective (7/20/17)1
- Compliance check results in underage citations at four Cape bars (7/19/17)1
- 49-year-old homicide victim found in Cape (7/20/17)
- Buffalo Wild Wings to hold fundraiser Wednesday for ailing Cape officer (7/19/17)1
- Chaffee City Council fires officer facing criminal charge (7/23/17)1
- At least one Perryville cop disciplined for misconduct (7/20/17)1
- Sikeston detective's files about murder suspect missing from DPS (7/18/17)1
- More details emerge in Perryville police-misconduct case (7/21/17)
- Cape homicide victim identified (7/21/17)
- Painted-rock hunts catch fire in Cape area (7/20/17)
Man hurt in Cape Girardeau traffic crash
A Cape Girardeau man was injured in a traffic accident on North Kingshighway early Tuesday afternoon.
An Ameren Missouri truck was southbound in the 100 block of North Kingshighway about 2:20 p.m., when a southbound gray Chevrolet Corsica struck the right front of the truck, said Cape Girardeau police officer David Valentine.
The collision spun the Corsica around, causing it to end up facing northbound in the center turn lane of the highway, Valentine said.
Firefighters had to extricate the unidentified driver of the Corsica from his vehicle. An ambulance transported him to Saint Francis Medical Center with injuries that did not appear life-threatening, Valentine said. The incident remained under investigation Tuesday.
100 North Kingshighway, Cape Girardeau, MO