- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Candidate questionnaire: Linda Clark Nash
NAME: Linda Clark Nash
PLACE OF BIRTH: Bonne Terre, MO
SPOUSE, CHILDREN'S NAMES:
Philip H. Nash
Lori Mahala Williams
Isaac G. Nash
OCCUPATION: Executive Director
Graduate of Central High School
Southeast Missouri State University BS
Southeast Missouri State University MA
Court Appointed Special Advocates of Southeast Missouri, Inc.
BUSINESSES OWNED, ALL OR PART: NA
PUBLIC OFFICES HELD OR SOUGHT; GIVE DATES:
Public Administrator Cape Girardeau County 2012
WHAT MAKES YOU THE BEST CANDIDATE FOR THIS OFFICE?
As Executive Director of CASA, I am the only candidate who is already working as both administrator and advocate for some of our county's most vulnerable citizens. Additionally, I have acquired a unique blend of business know-how, having authored and administered two multi-million dollar federal programs, and have honed my interpersonal skills through interaction with diverse populations as a long-time educator. My primary focus will be to enrich the lives of our most vulnerable citizens.
WHY ARE YOU SEEKING THIS SEAT IN SUCH A CROWDED FIELD?
Like each of us, the citizens served by the Public Administrator have inherent dignity and worth. As such, they deserve to be cared for by someone who will exhibit compassion and empathy while providing a sense of stability and security; who will promote client self-determination while ensuring safety and well-being; and who will serve as an advocate, mentor, protector, and financial manager while helping them to create a fulfilling life. I will be that person.
To increase exposure regarding the issues addressed by the Public Administrator, I have been posting a weekly blog on the Southeast Missourian Website. Visit this site to become familiar with the responsibilities of the Public Administrator as well as my qualifications and positions on the issues. An informed voter is an effective voter. After learning more, I am confident you will come to see me as the best candidate. Remember to vote on August 7th.