- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Suspect in Sikeston killing arrested in Cape
The suspect in a Sikeston, Mo., shooting death was arrested in Cape Girardeau early Sunday.
Kevin Recardo King, 29, of Sikeston was found about noon in a Cape Girardeau residence on Landis Drive, according to Sikeston police spokesman Lt. James McMillen
The Sikeston Department of Public Safety responded around 2:15 a.m. Saturday to a report of gunshots in the 800 block of William Street. When they arrived at the scene, they found Deangelo Williams, 19, had been struck by gunshots numerous times. A helicopter transported him to a nearby hospital, where he died.
The Southeast Missouri Major Case Squad was activated, McMillen said.
An investigation led to King, who was believed to be hiding out in Cape Girardeau. Police obtained Scott County warrants for King on charges of first-degree murder and armed criminal action. About noon Sunday, Sikeston's Special Operations Group surrounded the Landis Drive residence and King was taken into custody peacefully. King remained in custody Sunday on a $150,000 cash-only bond.
Police ask that anyone with information about the case contact the Sikeston Police Department at 573-417-4711 or Crime Stoppers at 573-471-1500. All tips may remain anonymous.
800 block of William St., Sikeston, Mo.
Landis Drive, Cape Girardeau, Mo.