- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Sikeston man dies following shooting
SIKESTON, Mo. -- A 19-year-old Sikeston man is dead after suffering multiple gunshot wounds early Saturday morning. The Sikeston Department of Public Safety responded around 2:15 a.m. Saturday to a report of gunshots in the 800 block of William Street. Upon arrival they found the man, who had been struck numerous times. He was airlifted to a nearby hospital where he later succumbed to his injuries. Police aren't releasing the victim's name at this time. The department's investigation of this incident continues. There are no suspects identified at this time. Police ask that anyone with information contact the department at 573-417-4711 or CrimeStoppers at 573-471-1500. All tips may remain anonymous and anyone with information that leads to a conviction of the offender or offenders can be eligible for a cash reward.
William Street, Sikeston, Mo.