- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Club news 7-1-12
Cape County Wild Horses 4-H
The regular monthly meeting of the Cape County Wild Horses 4-H Rodeo Club was called to order June 11 at Fruitland Community Church by president Logan Wessel. Pledges were led by Paige Cooper. "Happy Birthday" was sung to Micayla Gray and was led by song leaders Gabe Ruehling and Trenton Beard. Roll call was "What is your favorite season?" and answered by 16 members. There were nine leaders also present.
The minutes for the May meeting were read by secretary Emilie Beard. The treasurer's report was given by Sydney Robertson. County correspondence was given by club leaders Angel Cooper and Mary Gray.
Asreil Grow and Cooper reported on their scrap booking project meeting.
Reagan Hyde gave an illustrated talk on making a portable horse stall.
Gray made a motion to adjourn the meeting, and Michaela Lee seconded. Meeting was adjourned. The next meeting will be at 7 p.m. July 9 at Fruitland Community Church.
-- From staff reports