- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Hertenstein - Crowell
Casey Nicole Hertenstein and Jason Glennon Crowell were married Oct. 15, 2011, at Centenary United Methodist Church. Brett Cheek and the Rev. Rob Mehner performed the ceremony. Music was provided by organist, Beverly Reece, and Trio Girardeaux.
The bride is the daughter of Steve and Debbie Reynolds and Mike and Tammy Hertenstein, all of Mt. Vernon, Ill. The groom is the son of Terry and Terry Crowell of Cape Girardeau.
Matron of honor was Christina Cheek of Cape Girardeau. Bridesmaids were Amy Diette of Las Vegas, Nev.; Laura Brandt of Washington, Mo.; Myra Bax of Cape Girardeau; April Hertenstein of Mt. Vernon, sister-in-law of the bride; and Morgan Crowell of Cape Girardeau, niece of the groom.
Josh Crowell of Jackson was his brother's best man. Groomsmen were Joe Narsh of Clarkson Valley, Mo., cousin of the groom; Dr. Mark Hahn and Scott Rhodes of Cape Girardeau; Travis and Collin Hertenstein of Mt. Vernon, brothers of the bride. Ushers were Jim Childress, Dr. Tim Edwards, Greg Hesselrode and Bard Womack, all of Cape Girardeau.
Flower maid was Laura Bertrand of Jackson, daughter of Josh and Theresa Crowell and Trae and Rachel Bertrand, niece of the groom. Flower girls were Isabella and Alaina Crowell of Jackson, daughters of Josh and Theresa Crowell and nieces of the groom. Ringbearer was Carter Hertenstein, son of Travis and April Hertenstein and nephew of the bride.
The reception was held at Ray's Plaza Conference Center.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner Oct. 14 at Celebrations Downtown.
Mrs. Crowell received a bachelor of science degree in education from Southeast Missouri State University. She is development officer with Saint Francis Medical Center Foundation.
The groom received bachelor of science degrees in business administration and economics, and a juris doctorate from the University of Missouri-Columbia. He is a partner with Osburn, Hine, Yates and Murphy, LLC, and is a Missouri state senator.
After a wedding trip to Hawaii, the couple is residing in Cape Girardeau.