- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)18
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Candidate questionnaire: Ryan Wm. Holder
NAME: Ryan Wm Holder
PLACE OF BIRTH: Advance MO
SPOUSE'S, CHILDREN'S NAMES:
Nancy is my wife of 27 years, two daughters, Leah, mother of Camielle, Brenden and Andreu, and Jesse, a Junior at ASU, and two sons Ethan who is stationed at Ft. Campbell KY, and Zachary who has jioned the Navy and leaves in September.
2 years at SEMO
OCCUPATION: Field Representative
EMPLOYER: Laborers Local #1104
BUSINESSES OWNED, ALL OR PART:
My wife and I make payments on a small farm outside of Advance.
PUBLIC OFFICES HELD OR SOUGHT; GIVE DATES:
State Representative 159th Dist.
EDUCATION FUNDING IS A HOT ISSUE IN THE MISSOURI LEGISLATURE. DO YOU THINK EDUCATION IN THE STATE SHOULD BE BETTER FUNDED, AND IF SO, WHERE WOULD YOU TAKE MONEY FROM TO FUND IT?
Take part of the over 500 million in tax credits the cooperations now enjoy, raise the cigarette tax, which is now about $0.17, use funding earmarked for public education on public education, not of private schools or some other unproductive program, like.
HOW DO WE BALANCE THE BUDGET: CUT PROGRAMS, RAISE TAXES AND OTHER REVENUE, OR BOTH?
By insuring that everybody pays thier fair share of the tax burden. Incorperate some common sense in the dispensation of those extra funds that are generated. I would listen to sensible ideas to reduce government spending; welfare reform, prison reform, charter schools, tax payer funded private schools, all these areas warrent re-evaluation. It is important however, not to throw the baby out with the bath water.
DO YOU SUPPORT THE USE OF STATE AND FEDERAL FUNDS TO EXPAND BROADBAND INTERNET ACCESS IN RURAL AREAS?
I would be open to discussion on this matter. If it would serve the porpose of putting poeple to work with a decent wage and is for the betterment of our community and state then I would be in favor. If it serves mainly to help some corporation make a lot of money a the expence of the tax paying citizens, then NO!
There are many issues that need attention. I plan to focus my attention on the ability to make a decent living with a fair wage, and the security of knowing a retirement fund exists when they reach that point.
There are to few politicians in Jefferson City that take the rights of the now "working poor" into consideration. My goal as a Statesman is to be a voice and a vote for all the poeple.