Glenallen, Marble Hill departments respond to two fires

Friday, June 29, 2012

MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- The Marble Hill and Glenallen, Mo., fire departments both responded to two fires Wednesday and early Thursday.

Late Wednesday morning, both departments were dispatched to Route DD near Grassy, Mo. Glenallen fire chief Lucas Simmons said property owner Billy Smith and his wife both heard a loud explosion and saw a metal shed burning.

Simmons said the fire of undetermined origin is believed to be accidental. The shed was a total loss, but firefighters were able to keep the flames from spreading to the house and other buildings on the property.

At 2:30 a.m., Thursday, both fire departments were called out to a house in Glenallen owned by Howard Dowd and rented by LaDonna Yount. Five people in the house were able to get out without injury.

Simmons said the fire is believed to have started in the garage and was electrical.

"The owner said he had an electrical fire there earlier and had put it out," Simmons said. "It rekindled, and the house was a total loss."

Pertinent address:

Grassy, MO

Glenallen, MO

Map of pertinent addresses

Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration: