- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Southeast Missouri State football coach Tony Samuel fills out coaching staff
The Southeast Missouri State football team completed its coaching staff with Wednesday's hiring of Jake Dickert as defensive backs coach.
Dickert replaces Brandon "Cherokee" Valeria, who left following his lone Southeast season in 2011 to take a position as cornerbacks coach at Eastern Washington.
Dickert spent 2011 as secondary coach/special teams coordinator at the University of South Dakota. He was a member of the North Dakota State coaching staff for three years before that.
Dickert worked with the safeties and was involved in recruiting and assisted with special teams at North Dakota State. He also has been a defensive graduate assistant at Wisconsin-Stevens Point.
Dickert, a native of Kohler, Wis., played quarterback at UW-Stevens Point from 2002 through 2004 and wide receiver from 2005 through 2006. He was an all-conference wide receiver.
Dickert graduated from UW-Stevens Point with a degree in math education in 2007. He earned a master's degree there in 2009.