- 3 charged with burglarizing Scott City bar (10/14/16)4
- West Park Mall to be closed Thanksgiving (10/14/16)2
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Cape Girardeau County: A great place to grab a bite (10/14/16)1
- Man charged after cops try to cuff him in his sleep (10/14/16)9
- Three weeks and then what? (10/18/16)1
- Suspected attacker of Southeast student apprehended (10/19/16)5
- Mom jailed with daughter after mailing drug to her (10/16/16)
Paid election letter: Parker sending children wrong message
I couldn't believe Bob Parker sides with drug legalization advocates over the federal support our law enforcement community receives to fight narcotics in Missouri communities.
In a choice between our children and drug pushers, we ought to choose our kids every time. What drug dealers, traffickers and gang members do is illegal both at the state and the federal level, and it should stay that way. Drugs are the fastest way to destroy the life of an American at any age, but especially in impressionable youth.
Bob Parker is sending our children a very wrong, very dangerous message.
COREY BROWN, 248 Rocky Ridge Lane, Poplar Bluff, MO 63901