- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)17
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Glennon A. Dobbelare, 85, of Perryville died Wednesday, June 27, 2012, at the Missouri Veterans Home in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Nov. 3, 1926, in Belgique, Mo., son of Hubert and Pauline DePauw Dobbelare. He and Marilyn Dreyer were married Dec. 17, 1960.
Mr. Dobbelare had worked at Chrysler Corp. He was a member of Immanuel Lutheran Church, American Legion Post 133 and VFW Post 4282.
He was an Army veteran of World War II.
Survivors include his wife; four children, Sandra (Jim) Govro of Sherman, Texas, Glenda (Ted) Gremaud and Steve (Sonya) Dobbelare of Perryville, Charlotte (Jack) Taylor of Melbourne, Ark.; a sister, Velma Drury of Perryville; 11 grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents; two brothers, Delmar and Joseph; and a sister, Dorothy Hilderbrand.
Friends may call from 4 to 9 p.m. today and 6:30 to 8:15 a.m. Friday at Young and Sons Funeral Home. An American Legion wake will be held at 7 p.m. and a VFW wake at 7:30 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at Immanuel Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Thomas Handrick officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery. Military graveside rites provided by the Missouri Delta Team.
Memorials are preferred to Southeast Hospice, the American Cancer Society, the American Heart Association, the Missouri Veterans Home or Immanuel Lutheran School Building Fund.