- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)20
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Mildred H. Fox, 87, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, June 25, 2012, at the Lutheran Home.
She was born Aug. 1, 1924, in East St. Louis, Ill., to Lyman Leroy and Emma L. Harmon Hayden. She and Milford O. Fox were married Nov. 6, 1948, in Cape Girardeau.
Mildred was a member of Fellowship Baptist Church. She was a cook for the public schools, retiring after 20 years, and was co-owner of Boulevard Laundry Mat, which began in 1979.
Survivors include children, Linda Sue "Susie" and Larry Pifer of Richland, Mo., David W. and Sara Fox of St. Louis, and Peggy J. Fassel of Cape Girardeau.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Milford O. Fox; a brother; and a sister.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Donny Ford officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.
Memorial contributions may be sent to the American Cancer Society, 106 Farrar Drive, Suite 104, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.