- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Lexis Renee White, 10, of Chaffee died Tuesday, June 26, 2012, at Cardinal-Glennon Children's Hospital in St. Louis.
She was born June 20, 2002, in Cape Girardeau, to Billy Jones and Nicole LuAnne White.
Lexis was a student at St. Ambrose Catholic School in Chaffee and a member of St. Ambrose Catholic Church. She loved going to the Christian Mission Church in Benton, Mo., with her Mema Asbridge.
She is survived by her mother, Nicole White of Chaffee; maternal grandparents, John and Tonya Harrell of Chaffee, Danny (Linda Slinkard) White of Chaffee, Papa Scott Burke of Chaffee; maternal great-grandparents, Paul and Betty Asbridge of Chaffee, Clara White of Cape Girardeau, Bill and Norma Burke of Chaffee; and seven sisters.
She was preceded in death by her dad; two brothers, Deytan White and Jacob Minner; and a sister.
Friends may call after 4:30 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee. Parish prayers will be at 7 p.m., with a prayer service at 7:20 p.m.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Ambrose Church, with the Rev. Ralph Duffner as celebrant and the Rev. Randy Tochtrop as co-celebrant. Burial will be in Union Park Cemetery.