- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)27
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)8
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
Three get prison in Southeast Missouri counterfeiting case
Three of five people convicted in a Southeast Missouri counterfeiting ring were sentenced to federal prison Wednesday. Two others will each serve five years of probation.
Darius Robinson was sentenced to two years in prison, Terry D. Hester Jr. to 18 months, and Darius A. Lankford to 15 months. Brynet Trice was sentenced to five years' probation. Jessica Gross had previously been sentenced to five years' probation. All had pleaded guilty earlier this year after they were linked to a counterfeiting ring that used phony currency at retail stores in Cape Girardeau, Dexter, Poplar Bluff and Sikeston last year.
"Each is on the hook for $3,010 in restitution," federal prosecutor Paul Hahn said.
He said they each owe part of the restitution, but they are all responsible for all of it.
599 Independence St., Cape Girardeau, Mo.