- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Business notebook: Melting Co. adds to Cape's food-truck fleet (06/27/16)
Frozen yogurt shop trend hits Cape Girardeau
Simply Swirled, a self-serve frozen yogurt shop is coming to Cape Girardeau. In recent years this industry has seen significant growth across the country. This popular product is not yet offered in the Cape Girardeau area, but has found its way to many surrounding areas such as Farmington, Carbondale, Paducah, and St. Louis.
The trend to allow customers to create their own product combinations makes the experience more personal and tailored to their specific tastes. Customers will choose their flavors and then choose from dozens of toppings, such as fresh fruit, cookies, candy, nuts and granola. There will be ten flavors offered at all times, with flavors changing often, plus the option to swirl two flavors together. Not only will customers be in control of their flavors and toppings, but also in control of how much they are spending since cost is determined by the weight of the yogurt. Paying by the ounce is the perfect solution for families with children, teenagers and adults, all needing or wanting different portions.
Frozen yogurt differs from ice cream in both taste and texture. It is smooth and creamy and has live yogurt cultures to promote a healthy immune and digestive system. It is also a great source of calcium and protein and low in cholesterol, and has significantly fewer calories than ice cream or custard. There will always be options that are nonfat, low-fat, or sugar-free. Frozen yogurt is more than just a treat, but a healthy snack option, especially when topped with delicious fresh fruits.
Customers can enjoy their dessert in a fun, contemporary atmosphere indoors, or patio seating outdoors. Simply Swirled is offering a unique option called a "gathering room" where larger groups can meet with some privacy: sports teams, birthday parties, business meetings, church groups, etc.
The store will be located at 236 S. Mount Auburn Road, directly below McAlister's Deli. This is a great location positioned by one of the city's busiest intersections and prime shopping areas (including the mall), restaurants, and just blocks from St. Francis Hospital and across the street from Doctor's Park. Simply Swirled will be a high quality local business that hopes to self-serve happiness to the community in a seriously fun environment with a modern flair!
Construction is set to begin shortly and progress can be followed on the website at simplyswirled.com or on the Facebook page. Fans can "like" Simply Swirled on Facebook now to receive updates on progress, help choose flavors, and keep up-to-date on grand opening events and promotions.