- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Fire breaks out in Cape Girardeau city recycling facility
No one was injured when fire broke out in one of the city's recycling buildings Wednesday afternoon.
Firefighters responded about 4:05 p.m. to a fire in a metal structure at 2007 Southern Expressway, said battalion chief Mark Starnes. The building was unoccupied when firefighters arrived.
Cardboard near and possibly inside a baler was burning, Starnes said. Eighteen firefighters responded to the call and brought the blaze under control in about 10 minutes, firefighters said.
The extent of the damage and the cause of the blaze were unclear Wednesday afternoon.
2007 Southern Expressway, Cape Girardeau, Mo.