- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Singer Neal Boyd dies after struggle with health issues (6/12/18)1
- Feeding deer in Bollinger, Cape and Perry counties prohibited soon to help curb spread of CWD (6/13/18)7
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- New Zaxby's restaurant open in Cape (6/13/18)3
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
Thanks for trophy case
With the encouragement of superintendent Dr. Jim Welker and with the assistance of Central High School building principal Dr. Mike Cowan and Central High School athletic director Lance Tollison, we have been able to reestablish the Central High School Athletic Hall of Fame the past two years. We now have 51 individuals and four teams that have been placed in the Central High School Athletic Hall of Fame.
As in the past, our major source of income for the hall of fame was from the Central High School Booster Club and outside donations. Because of limited financial resources, we have never had a trophy case to display all the inductees. Now I am very proud to announce that through the efforts of Tom Reinagel, Scott McClanahan and Joe Goodman, we now have a first class trophy case to display all the individual inductees and teams for viewing.
Terry W. Kitchen