- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Harbor Freight Tools plans to move ahead with Cape Girardeau store (12/5/17)2
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Business Notebook: Yule Log Cabin gets home feel honestly (12/4/17)
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
- Fire displaces family of seven (12/5/17)1
- Fruitland Army veteran spends weeks helping in ravaged Puerto Rico (12/5/17)2
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
Thanks for trophy case
With the encouragement of superintendent Dr. Jim Welker and with the assistance of Central High School building principal Dr. Mike Cowan and Central High School athletic director Lance Tollison, we have been able to reestablish the Central High School Athletic Hall of Fame the past two years. We now have 51 individuals and four teams that have been placed in the Central High School Athletic Hall of Fame.
As in the past, our major source of income for the hall of fame was from the Central High School Booster Club and outside donations. Because of limited financial resources, we have never had a trophy case to display all the inductees. Now I am very proud to announce that through the efforts of Tom Reinagel, Scott McClanahan and Joe Goodman, we now have a first class trophy case to display all the individual inductees and teams for viewing.
Terry W. Kitchen