- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Cape attorney Brandon Cooper to run for judge (11/20/17)2
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- The Tungsten Groove to release first album featuring original songs (11/17/17)
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- 1 dead, 3 hurt in accident on Highway 72 (11/19/17)
- Son of Westboro Baptist Church patriarch discusses abuse, faith (11/15/17)7
- Crowell leads effort to cut low-income tax credits in Missouri (11/19/17)6
2012 Missouri Heart Gallery on Display in Cape!
For the first year, the traveling Missouri Adoption Heart Gallery will be on display at Wehrenberg Cape West 14 Cine located at 247 Siemers Drive, Cape Girardeau, MO from July 2nd through July 13th with an intermittent stop at LaCroix Church on July 7th and 8th.
The 2012 Heart Gallery features professional photographs of 184 Missouri children awaiting adoption. The Missouri Heart Gallery is a joint effort between the Children's Division (CD) of the Department of Social Services and the Adoption Exchange of Missouri. The gallery concept began in New Mexico several years ago and has spread to several states, as it has proven to be a very successful way to help children and families come together.
Missouri adopted the Heart Gallery concept in 2006. The Heart Gallery is a unique way to help children in foster care who are waiting for adoptive families to step from the shadows into the light. Stirring portraits, which reveal the children's amazing spirits and individuality, have helped many children find permanent, loving homes through adoption. Since the first gallery six years ago, more than 180 Missouri children featured in the Heart Gallery have found permanent homes.
The Missouri Heart Gallery website, www.MOHeartGallery.org, contains information about becoming a foster or adoptive parent along with portraits of children waiting for forever families. If you do not have internet access, you may call toll-free, 1-800-554-2222 for more information about being a foster/adoptive parent.
If you or your business is interested in hosting the Heart Gallery during future events, please call Lauren Masterson at (573) 290-5609.