- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)16
- Charges filed in Sunday murder; suspects in custody (2/14/18)2
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- University Foundation to honor Talberts as Friends of the University (2/13/18)2
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)5
- Lovebirds for 80 years give advice: Trust, patience and 'Tell 'em you love 'em' (2/14/18)2
- Jackson schools to install artificial turf on football, soccer fields (2/14/18)
- Major case squad activated to investigate shooting death in Cape (2/13/18)
- Jackson schools purchased former orchard land, will lease for farming for now (2/15/18)
2012 Missouri Heart Gallery on Display in Cape!
For the first year, the traveling Missouri Adoption Heart Gallery will be on display at Wehrenberg Cape West 14 Cine located at 247 Siemers Drive, Cape Girardeau, MO from July 2nd through July 13th with an intermittent stop at LaCroix Church on July 7th and 8th.
The 2012 Heart Gallery features professional photographs of 184 Missouri children awaiting adoption. The Missouri Heart Gallery is a joint effort between the Children's Division (CD) of the Department of Social Services and the Adoption Exchange of Missouri. The gallery concept began in New Mexico several years ago and has spread to several states, as it has proven to be a very successful way to help children and families come together.
Missouri adopted the Heart Gallery concept in 2006. The Heart Gallery is a unique way to help children in foster care who are waiting for adoptive families to step from the shadows into the light. Stirring portraits, which reveal the children's amazing spirits and individuality, have helped many children find permanent, loving homes through adoption. Since the first gallery six years ago, more than 180 Missouri children featured in the Heart Gallery have found permanent homes.
The Missouri Heart Gallery website, www.MOHeartGallery.org, contains information about becoming a foster or adoptive parent along with portraits of children waiting for forever families. If you do not have internet access, you may call toll-free, 1-800-554-2222 for more information about being a foster/adoptive parent.
If you or your business is interested in hosting the Heart Gallery during future events, please call Lauren Masterson at (573) 290-5609.