- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Area digest 6/27/12
Jacobs, Cook team for win
Joe Jacobs and Lachelle Cook joined forces to win the SEMO Horseshoe Association's 15-team tournament at the Oran Jaycees.
Terry Holder and Doris Stubenrauch took second, while Randy Senciboy and Kelcee DaVault were third.
The team of Randy Grady and Carolyn Schreckenberg won the 19-team tournament at the Jackson Knights of Columbus.
Edgar Stoverink and Rosalee Burnett finished second, while Larry Glastetter and DaVault grabbed third.
The next tournament is scheduled for Sunday at the Leopold Knights of Columbus.
Glueck scores hole-in-one
Gordonville's Donnie Glueck used an 8-iron to record an ace on hole No. 18 at Kimbeland Country Club.
The hole was playing 150 yards.
Linda Venable, Mark Waller and Curt Brown witnessed the shot.
It was Glueck's second hole-in-one.
Thomas, Michel earn win
The team of Irene Thomas and Betty Michel won the Cape Girardeau Country Club's Women's Golf Association's annual Fillies Run tournament.
Mary Sue Layton and Cindy Schmoll were second, while Martha Hamilton and Marcia Wagner finished third.
-- From staff reports