- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Illinois man charged with patronizing prostitution in Cape; woman also cited
Police cited a Thebes, Ill., man for patronizing prostitution in south Cape Girardeau early Sunday evening, said Cape Girardeau Police Department spokesman Darin Hickey.
About 5:40 p.m., officers on a routine patrol near Shawnee Park and South West End Boulevard saw an occupied vehicle parked in a gravel lot, Hickey said. Officers contacted the occupants and determined a sex act had occurred in exchange for money, Hickey said.
The officers cited Paul Brent Henderson, 56, for patronizing prostitution. They also cited Marie Amanda Campbell, 29, of Cape Girardeau, for prostitution. Both people were released.
Shawnee Park and South West End Boulevard, Cape Girardeau, MO