- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Former Southeast Missouri State player Parmley released by Grizzlies
Former Southeast Missouri State baseball standout Kenton Parmley was released by the Gateway (Ill.) Grizzlies on Saturday.
Parmley, a shortstop, signed with the Grizzlies of the independent Frontier League on June 12.
Parmley was batting .143 for the Grizzlies, with three singles in 21 at-bats. He had appeared in five games.
Parmley, whose 47-game hitting streak tied for the third-longest in NCAA Division I history, broke several Southeast career records. He was the Ohio Valley Conference's fifth-leading hitter this year with a .363 average.
-- From staff reports