- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)22
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Former Southeast Missouri State player Parmley released by Grizzlies
Former Southeast Missouri State baseball standout Kenton Parmley was released by the Gateway (Ill.) Grizzlies on Saturday.
Parmley, a shortstop, signed with the Grizzlies of the independent Frontier League on June 12.
Parmley was batting .143 for the Grizzlies, with three singles in 21 at-bats. He had appeared in five games.
Parmley, whose 47-game hitting streak tied for the third-longest in NCAA Division I history, broke several Southeast career records. He was the Ohio Valley Conference's fifth-leading hitter this year with a .363 average.
-- From staff reports