- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Giebler reaches quarterfinals at Missouri Amateur
Brevin Giebler of Cape Girardeau posted a pair of 1-up victories Friday to advance to the quarterfinal round of the Missouri Amateur at Dalhousie Golf Club.
Giebler defeated Eric Ecker of Springfield, Mo., in morning play to advance to the third round, where he needed 24 holes to turn back Wilson Sundvold of Columbia, Mo.
Giebler, the medalist and top seed in match play, birdied the sixth playoff hole against Sundvold to advance to Saturday morning's quarterfinals. He will face Jacob Fair of Monett, Mo., at 8:30 a.m.
Semifinal action will be held in the afternoon.
The 36-hole championship match will be played at 9 a.m. Sunday.
Brent Holmes of Cape Girardeau won his second-round match Friday morning, defeating Garrett Sneed of Chesterfield, Mo., 3 and 2. Holmes then lost 2-up to Ryan Zech of Kearney, Mo., in the third round.
Tim Simmons of Jackson dropped his second-round morning match to Joseph Atkisson of Springfield, Mo., 4 and 3.