- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)7
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)21
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
- Former KFVS12 reporter talks about recovery from eating disorder (2/23/17)11
Tea Parties for Girls and Dolls
Twenty four girls and their dolls filled Patches for the Luau Tea Party on June 3rd. Of course Moms, Grandmoms, and Aunts were there also.
We had a ball. The chocolate volcano left chocolate all over the table, but it was worth it to see how much fun the girls had.
Girls came in summer frocks, swimsuits, and all sorts of summer outfits. So did their dolls! Some even had grass skirts! Each girl and her doll recieved a lei when they came in. The napkins has a hibiscus clipped to them. It was for the girls hair. For the craft we made hugh paper flowers - with a lot of help from Moms. The goody bags were full of summer toys for the dolls, and candy for the girls!
The next party will be a pajama party on August 5th from 1 to 3 pm at Patches Dolls on 8th Street in Cairo! Girls and their dolls are being encouraged to wear their prettiest or most comfortable pajamas. I have been working on filling the Goody Bags already!