- Here's what's being built next to Chick-fil-A in Cape (1/18/18)1
- Man sentenced to life for killing mother, burning her body; mouth taped shut at hearing (1/20/18)
- Cape lands new summer-league baseball team; Capaha Field to see major upgrades (1/20/18)10
- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- Young author gave up TV at age 7 to pursue writing, and has recently finished his third novel (1/20/18)
- Redhawk Food Pantry helping Southeast students, employees who need assistance with food, supplies (1/19/18)2
- Cinderella shines in debut at Bedell (1/20/18)
- 3 mayor candidates in Scott City; former mayor Porch files for council seat (1/18/18)
- Chronic wasting disease found in 2 Southeast Missouri deer; whether disease transferable to humans unknown (1/18/18)
- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
Tea Parties for Girls and Dolls
Twenty four girls and their dolls filled Patches for the Luau Tea Party on June 3rd. Of course Moms, Grandmoms, and Aunts were there also.
We had a ball. The chocolate volcano left chocolate all over the table, but it was worth it to see how much fun the girls had.
Girls came in summer frocks, swimsuits, and all sorts of summer outfits. So did their dolls! Some even had grass skirts! Each girl and her doll recieved a lei when they came in. The napkins has a hibiscus clipped to them. It was for the girls hair. For the craft we made hugh paper flowers - with a lot of help from Moms. The goody bags were full of summer toys for the dolls, and candy for the girls!
The next party will be a pajama party on August 5th from 1 to 3 pm at Patches Dolls on 8th Street in Cairo! Girls and their dolls are being encouraged to wear their prettiest or most comfortable pajamas. I have been working on filling the Goody Bags already!