- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
Tea Parties for Girls and Dolls
Twenty four girls and their dolls filled Patches for the Luau Tea Party on June 3rd. Of course Moms, Grandmoms, and Aunts were there also.
We had a ball. The chocolate volcano left chocolate all over the table, but it was worth it to see how much fun the girls had.
Girls came in summer frocks, swimsuits, and all sorts of summer outfits. So did their dolls! Some even had grass skirts! Each girl and her doll recieved a lei when they came in. The napkins has a hibiscus clipped to them. It was for the girls hair. For the craft we made hugh paper flowers - with a lot of help from Moms. The goody bags were full of summer toys for the dolls, and candy for the girls!
The next party will be a pajama party on August 5th from 1 to 3 pm at Patches Dolls on 8th Street in Cairo! Girls and their dolls are being encouraged to wear their prettiest or most comfortable pajamas. I have been working on filling the Goody Bags already!