- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)5
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
Tea Parties for Girls and Dolls
Twenty four girls and their dolls filled Patches for the Luau Tea Party on June 3rd. Of course Moms, Grandmoms, and Aunts were there also.
We had a ball. The chocolate volcano left chocolate all over the table, but it was worth it to see how much fun the girls had.
Girls came in summer frocks, swimsuits, and all sorts of summer outfits. So did their dolls! Some even had grass skirts! Each girl and her doll recieved a lei when they came in. The napkins has a hibiscus clipped to them. It was for the girls hair. For the craft we made hugh paper flowers - with a lot of help from Moms. The goody bags were full of summer toys for the dolls, and candy for the girls!
The next party will be a pajama party on August 5th from 1 to 3 pm at Patches Dolls on 8th Street in Cairo! Girls and their dolls are being encouraged to wear their prettiest or most comfortable pajamas. I have been working on filling the Goody Bags already!