- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)6
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Man convicted of Perryville convenience-store heist (9/21/16)
Local Resident's Recipe Featured in Nat'l Magazine
Local Cape Giradeau resident Claire Watson's recipe for Cinnamon-Toast Blueberry Bakes was featured in this month's issue of Taste of Home magazine. Taste of Home is the leader in easy and accessible reader-submitted recipes read by 16MM people nationwide and receives 10s of thousands of recipes each year. Claire's recipe was tested and selected to be included in the June/July issue which is on stands now.
Her delicious berry-spin on a breakfast treat is not only quick to make (total time is under thirty minutes) but is also a refreshing way to enjoy the season's finest.
Cinnamon-Toast Blueberry Bakes
By Claire Watson
Makes 4 servings.
* 4 slices of whole wheat bread
* 6 Tbsp. melted butter
* 3 Tbsp. sugar
* ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
* 1 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries
* ¼ cup packed brown sugar
* 2 tsp. lemon juice
Cut 4 slices whole wheat bread into ½-in. pieces and place in a large bowl. Combine 6 Tbsp. melted butter, 3 Tbsp. sugar and ½ tsp. ground cinnamon; drizzle over bread. Toss to coat. Combine 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, ¼ cup packed brown sugar and 2 tsp. lemon juice. Place half of the bread mixture into four 8-oz. ramekins. Layer with blueberry mixture and remaining bread. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until crisp and heated through.
For more recipes, visit www.TasteofHome.com.