- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Local Resident's Recipe Featured in Nat'l Magazine
Local Cape Giradeau resident Claire Watson's recipe for Cinnamon-Toast Blueberry Bakes was featured in this month's issue of Taste of Home magazine. Taste of Home is the leader in easy and accessible reader-submitted recipes read by 16MM people nationwide and receives 10s of thousands of recipes each year. Claire's recipe was tested and selected to be included in the June/July issue which is on stands now.
Her delicious berry-spin on a breakfast treat is not only quick to make (total time is under thirty minutes) but is also a refreshing way to enjoy the season's finest.
Cinnamon-Toast Blueberry Bakes
By Claire Watson
Makes 4 servings.
* 4 slices of whole wheat bread
* 6 Tbsp. melted butter
* 3 Tbsp. sugar
* ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
* 1 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries
* ¼ cup packed brown sugar
* 2 tsp. lemon juice
Cut 4 slices whole wheat bread into ½-in. pieces and place in a large bowl. Combine 6 Tbsp. melted butter, 3 Tbsp. sugar and ½ tsp. ground cinnamon; drizzle over bread. Toss to coat. Combine 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, ¼ cup packed brown sugar and 2 tsp. lemon juice. Place half of the bread mixture into four 8-oz. ramekins. Layer with blueberry mixture and remaining bread. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until crisp and heated through.
For more recipes, visit www.TasteofHome.com.