- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)3
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)1
- Oran town board fired officer before hiring him as police chief; city officials say they can't remember reason for firing (6/25/17)2
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Playing with fire (6/25/17)
- Judge denies request to revoke sheriff's bond (6/25/17)3
Local Resident's Recipe Featured in Nat'l Magazine
Local Cape Giradeau resident Claire Watson's recipe for Cinnamon-Toast Blueberry Bakes was featured in this month's issue of Taste of Home magazine. Taste of Home is the leader in easy and accessible reader-submitted recipes read by 16MM people nationwide and receives 10s of thousands of recipes each year. Claire's recipe was tested and selected to be included in the June/July issue which is on stands now.
Her delicious berry-spin on a breakfast treat is not only quick to make (total time is under thirty minutes) but is also a refreshing way to enjoy the season's finest.
Cinnamon-Toast Blueberry Bakes
By Claire Watson
Makes 4 servings.
* 4 slices of whole wheat bread
* 6 Tbsp. melted butter
* 3 Tbsp. sugar
* ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
* 1 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries
* ¼ cup packed brown sugar
* 2 tsp. lemon juice
Cut 4 slices whole wheat bread into ½-in. pieces and place in a large bowl. Combine 6 Tbsp. melted butter, 3 Tbsp. sugar and ½ tsp. ground cinnamon; drizzle over bread. Toss to coat. Combine 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, ¼ cup packed brown sugar and 2 tsp. lemon juice. Place half of the bread mixture into four 8-oz. ramekins. Layer with blueberry mixture and remaining bread. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until crisp and heated through.
For more recipes, visit www.TasteofHome.com.