- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Jackson police describe night of anger, car crashes, drug possession by 18-year-old (1/22/17)5
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- A message from heaven (1/23/17)
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Area residents among those attending inauguration, women's march (1/22/17)90
- Comedian, cancer survivor Tom Green headlines sold-out Cancer Center benefit (1/22/17)
Local Resident's Recipe Featured in Nat'l Magazine
Local Cape Giradeau resident Claire Watson's recipe for Cinnamon-Toast Blueberry Bakes was featured in this month's issue of Taste of Home magazine. Taste of Home is the leader in easy and accessible reader-submitted recipes read by 16MM people nationwide and receives 10s of thousands of recipes each year. Claire's recipe was tested and selected to be included in the June/July issue which is on stands now.
Her delicious berry-spin on a breakfast treat is not only quick to make (total time is under thirty minutes) but is also a refreshing way to enjoy the season's finest.
Cinnamon-Toast Blueberry Bakes
By Claire Watson
Makes 4 servings.
* 4 slices of whole wheat bread
* 6 Tbsp. melted butter
* 3 Tbsp. sugar
* ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
* 1 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries
* ¼ cup packed brown sugar
* 2 tsp. lemon juice
Cut 4 slices whole wheat bread into ½-in. pieces and place in a large bowl. Combine 6 Tbsp. melted butter, 3 Tbsp. sugar and ½ tsp. ground cinnamon; drizzle over bread. Toss to coat. Combine 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, ¼ cup packed brown sugar and 2 tsp. lemon juice. Place half of the bread mixture into four 8-oz. ramekins. Layer with blueberry mixture and remaining bread. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until crisp and heated through.
For more recipes, visit www.TasteofHome.com.