- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Cape Christian School burglarized (10/18/17)
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
- Load shift kills Jackson trucker (10/17/17)
Local Resident's Recipe Featured in Nat'l Magazine
Local Cape Giradeau resident Claire Watson's recipe for Cinnamon-Toast Blueberry Bakes was featured in this month's issue of Taste of Home magazine. Taste of Home is the leader in easy and accessible reader-submitted recipes read by 16MM people nationwide and receives 10s of thousands of recipes each year. Claire's recipe was tested and selected to be included in the June/July issue which is on stands now.
Her delicious berry-spin on a breakfast treat is not only quick to make (total time is under thirty minutes) but is also a refreshing way to enjoy the season's finest.
Cinnamon-Toast Blueberry Bakes
By Claire Watson
Makes 4 servings.
* 4 slices of whole wheat bread
* 6 Tbsp. melted butter
* 3 Tbsp. sugar
* ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
* 1 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries
* ¼ cup packed brown sugar
* 2 tsp. lemon juice
Cut 4 slices whole wheat bread into ½-in. pieces and place in a large bowl. Combine 6 Tbsp. melted butter, 3 Tbsp. sugar and ½ tsp. ground cinnamon; drizzle over bread. Toss to coat. Combine 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, ¼ cup packed brown sugar and 2 tsp. lemon juice. Place half of the bread mixture into four 8-oz. ramekins. Layer with blueberry mixture and remaining bread. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until crisp and heated through.
For more recipes, visit www.TasteofHome.com.