- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Alma A. Hoffstetter, 93, of Perryville died Thursday, June 21, 2012, at Independence Care Center of Perry County.
She was born Jan. 25, 1919, in Oran, Mo., daughter of Arthur and Clola Ramsey Smith. She and Gustave Hoffstetter were married April 30, 1939. He preceded her in death Nov. 14, 1999.
Mrs. Hoffstetter was retired from International Shoe Co. She was a member of Immanuel Lutheran Church.
Survivors include a brother, Vernon Smith of Cape Girardeau; great-nieces and nephews; and friends.
She was also preceded in death by her parents; five sisters, Daisy Smith, Grace Smith, Ruby Favier, Geraldine Stringfellow, Viola Geiser; and two brothers, John W. Smith and Charles Smith.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday and 6:30 to 8:30 a.m. Monday at Young and Sons Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at Immanuel Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Matthew Marks officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery.
Memorials are preferred to Immanuel Lutheran Radio, Grade School, Ladies Aid or Southeast Hospice.