- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Cape man faces stealing charges in Scott County
According to Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter, a Cape Girardeau man is in custody at the Scott County Jail pending the filing of formal charges of stealing.
Early Thursday morning, the sheriff's office received a report from a person who confronted the suspect outside their residence north of Miner, Mo. The suspect hid in a nearby cornfield and left a bicycle at the residence. The suspect was located by deputies, the highway patrol and officers with the Miner Police Department, who discovered evidence that the suspect may be involved in stealing from nearby residences.
Further investigation revealed that 11 vehicles in the area had been unlawfully entered and multiple items stolen. Most of the items were recovered from the suspect and in the general area of the incidents.