- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Sands Pancake House moving to Morgan Oak location (8/11/17)1
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Cape movie theater to feature recliners, new food and drink options (8/11/17)3
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
Lorimier Bicentennial Celebration on June 24
All are welcome to attend the Louis Lorimier Bicentennial Commemorative Celebration at Old Lorimier Cemetery in Cape Girardeau on Sunday, June 24, from 4 to 6 p.m.
During the free event volunteers will portray Cape Girardeau's founders in historically-appropriate costumes, and Dr. Frank Nickell and Linda Nash will offer historical remarks. Nash is the author of The Journals of Pierre Louis de Lorimier. A wreath-laying ceremony at Lorimier's grave will conclude the ceremony, and a reception with refreshments will follow at the Red House Interpretive Center.
Guests should bring lawn chairs to the event. For more information contact the Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department at 573-339-6340 or visit cityofcape.org/redhouse.