- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)21
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Lorimier Bicentennial Celebration on June 24
All are welcome to attend the Louis Lorimier Bicentennial Commemorative Celebration at Old Lorimier Cemetery in Cape Girardeau on Sunday, June 24, from 4 to 6 p.m.
During the free event volunteers will portray Cape Girardeau's founders in historically-appropriate costumes, and Dr. Frank Nickell and Linda Nash will offer historical remarks. Nash is the author of The Journals of Pierre Louis de Lorimier. A wreath-laying ceremony at Lorimier's grave will conclude the ceremony, and a reception with refreshments will follow at the Red House Interpretive Center.
Guests should bring lawn chairs to the event. For more information contact the Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department at 573-339-6340 or visit cityofcape.org/redhouse.