- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)7
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Man convicted of Perryville convenience-store heist (9/21/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)4
Lorimier Bicentennial Celebration on June 24
All are welcome to attend the Louis Lorimier Bicentennial Commemorative Celebration at Old Lorimier Cemetery in Cape Girardeau on Sunday, June 24, from 4 to 6 p.m.
During the free event volunteers will portray Cape Girardeau's founders in historically-appropriate costumes, and Dr. Frank Nickell and Linda Nash will offer historical remarks. Nash is the author of The Journals of Pierre Louis de Lorimier. A wreath-laying ceremony at Lorimier's grave will conclude the ceremony, and a reception with refreshments will follow at the Red House Interpretive Center.
Guests should bring lawn chairs to the event. For more information contact the Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department at 573-339-6340 or visit cityofcape.org/redhouse.