- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Wind brings down Wendy's sign in Cape Girardeau (12/11/17)2
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
Lorimier Bicentennial Celebration on June 24
All are welcome to attend the Louis Lorimier Bicentennial Commemorative Celebration at Old Lorimier Cemetery in Cape Girardeau on Sunday, June 24, from 4 to 6 p.m.
During the free event volunteers will portray Cape Girardeau's founders in historically-appropriate costumes, and Dr. Frank Nickell and Linda Nash will offer historical remarks. Nash is the author of The Journals of Pierre Louis de Lorimier. A wreath-laying ceremony at Lorimier's grave will conclude the ceremony, and a reception with refreshments will follow at the Red House Interpretive Center.
Guests should bring lawn chairs to the event. For more information contact the Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department at 573-339-6340 or visit cityofcape.org/redhouse.