- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)5
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)16
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)18
Lorimier Bicentennial Celebration on June 24
All are welcome to attend the Louis Lorimier Bicentennial Commemorative Celebration at Old Lorimier Cemetery in Cape Girardeau on Sunday, June 24, from 4 to 6 p.m.
During the free event volunteers will portray Cape Girardeau's founders in historically-appropriate costumes, and Dr. Frank Nickell and Linda Nash will offer historical remarks. Nash is the author of The Journals of Pierre Louis de Lorimier. A wreath-laying ceremony at Lorimier's grave will conclude the ceremony, and a reception with refreshments will follow at the Red House Interpretive Center.
Guests should bring lawn chairs to the event. For more information contact the Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department at 573-339-6340 or visit cityofcape.org/redhouse.