- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Home invasion reported in Cape
A Cape Girardeau man was startled from his sleep with a loud noise, the glare of a flashlight and then these words: "I have a gun. Don't come down here."
A few minutes later, the suspect had fled and no one was hurt, leaving Cape Girardeau police investigating a first-degree burglary that took place about 4:30 a.m. Thursday on Fairview Drive.
According to department spokesman Darin Hickey, the victim was awakened by a loud noise in his home, went to his bedroom door and saw a light coming down the hall. That's when the voice called out, prompting the man to close the door. The man armed himself with a handgun, waited a few minutes and called police, Hickey said.
The man was going to inventory his home to see if anything was taken, Hickey said. But a window had been broken out, Hickey said.
Fairview Drive, Cape Girardeau, MO