- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Scott to swim at Paralympic Games
Susan Beth Scott has been named to the USA Paralympic Swim Team that will compete in the 2012 Paralympic Games from Aug. 29 to Sept. 9 in London.
The 20-year-old Scott will be among 20 females and 14 males on the squad.
Scott earned a spot on the team by clocking 4 minutes, 38 seconds in the 400-meter freestyle at the trials last week in Bismarck, N.D. Scott, a native of Cape Girardeau, is ranked No. 1 in the world in the event in the S10 classification.
Scott won a bronze medal at the 2008 Paralympic Games in Beijing.
Senciboy, Fields win horseshoe event
Randy Senciboy and Gene Fields won the SEMO Horseshoe Association event Saturday at the Knights of Columbus in Scott City.
Joe Schwartz and Lachelle Cook placed second, while Lester Powell and Yvonne Schwartz finished third.
Perry Seys and Cook claimed first Sunday at the Backyard Club.
Martin Williams and Carolyn Schreckenberg took second, while Mike DaVault and Travis Braswell were third.
Events will be held Saturday at the Oran Jaycees and Sunday at the Knights of Columbus in Jackson.
Bozzay tops points in Dalhousie series
Terry Bozzay topped the monthly point series at Dalhousie Golf Club with plus-19.
David Hahs was second at plus-14, and Keith Gregston was third at plus-11.
The scoring uses the Modified Stableford system.
-- From staff reports