- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- Cape Chinese restaurant purchases old Ponderosa property in Perryville (10/10/17)
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- One of Cape's oldest mom-and-pop restaurants opens in new location (10/10/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Ships to stay docked in Cape a week longer (10/10/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Scott City council passes measures to block treatment plant project (10/10/17)1
Ohio candy thief targets mostly peanut butter cups
LORAIN, Ohio -- Police in northern Ohio are trying to identify a candy thief who has stolen hundreds of dollars in peanut butter cups from a gas station store.
Employees reported that a young man usually comes in after midnight, snatches Reese's peanut butter cups and exits the store before they can call police. The workers say the candy stolen over the past few months was worth $400 to $600.
The Morning Journal reported the latest theft happened early Tuesday morning. A police report indicates the man stole peanut butter cups and went for a saltier snack, grabbing a bag of chips.
A clerk said he tried to stop the thief, who spun him around and fled on foot.