- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)7
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Speak Out 6/21/12
Corporate profits are higher than they've been since the mid-'60s, thereby making Mitt Romney's allegation that President Obama is anti-business ring hollow.
Once again, an uneducated and uninformed Speak Out caller likened hunting to animal abuse. I am not a hunter and have never shot a gun. However, I have done quite a bit of research on this subject over the years in an effort to bolster my original argument that hunting is cruel. No matter how hard I tried to hold on to that belief, careful study of both sides of the argument and credible evidence says that the opposite is true. Rather than try to cover everything here, which wouldn't be possible, I suggest that caller do his or her own comprehensive and fair research.
Here is hoping the city council will show some common sense about the deer hunting issue. The majority of the people of Cape Girardeau are not in favor of this dangerous idea.