- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)4
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)22
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
Speak Out 6/21/12
Corporate profits are higher than they've been since the mid-'60s, thereby making Mitt Romney's allegation that President Obama is anti-business ring hollow.
Once again, an uneducated and uninformed Speak Out caller likened hunting to animal abuse. I am not a hunter and have never shot a gun. However, I have done quite a bit of research on this subject over the years in an effort to bolster my original argument that hunting is cruel. No matter how hard I tried to hold on to that belief, careful study of both sides of the argument and credible evidence says that the opposite is true. Rather than try to cover everything here, which wouldn't be possible, I suggest that caller do his or her own comprehensive and fair research.
Here is hoping the city council will show some common sense about the deer hunting issue. The majority of the people of Cape Girardeau are not in favor of this dangerous idea.