- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)4
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Students move into new fraternity housing at Southeast Missouri State University (8/18/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)21
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)11
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Logan's Roadhouse in Cape not closing; Ruby Tuesday fate still unknown (8/17/16)
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
Local project a team effort
It is amazing what a team can do when its members come together with the same goal. On June 9, we had more than 100 volunteers come together as a team to revitalize the outdoor facilities on the Central Junior High School athletic/physical education area. The areas of revitalization included the painting of the press box area, the football goals, the spectator bleachers, the storage building, the baseball dugouts, the baseball fencing, etc. This type of job could not have been accomplished in this short time period without a united team effort.
Please allow me to recognize the following individuals and groups that made this day possible: Justin Jones (The Mission Continues) and Al Hrabosky (Fox Sports Midwest), military veterans, local National Guard unit, Lowe's, Cape Color World, American Red Cross, Southeast Missouri State Athletics, Southeast Missouri Builders Supply, KENCO, Ultimate Flooring and Paint plus their suppliers (Crosnoe Gold & Silver), Paul Schnare (Sunny Hill Gardens & Florist), Neil Glass (assistant superintendent), Carla Fee (building principal at Central Junior High School), Alan Bruns (assistant principal at Central Junior High School), the Cape Girardeau School District maintenance department, Teen Challenge, students, parents, teachers, alumni and the many other volunteers.
Again, thanks to all of you for making this a great day for our school district. It makes me proud to be a Tiger.
TERRY W. KITCHEN, athletic director, Central Junior High School, Cape Girardeau