- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Jackson police describe night of anger, car crashes, drug possession by 18-year-old (1/22/17)5
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
Local project a team effort
It is amazing what a team can do when its members come together with the same goal. On June 9, we had more than 100 volunteers come together as a team to revitalize the outdoor facilities on the Central Junior High School athletic/physical education area. The areas of revitalization included the painting of the press box area, the football goals, the spectator bleachers, the storage building, the baseball dugouts, the baseball fencing, etc. This type of job could not have been accomplished in this short time period without a united team effort.
Please allow me to recognize the following individuals and groups that made this day possible: Justin Jones (The Mission Continues) and Al Hrabosky (Fox Sports Midwest), military veterans, local National Guard unit, Lowe's, Cape Color World, American Red Cross, Southeast Missouri State Athletics, Southeast Missouri Builders Supply, KENCO, Ultimate Flooring and Paint plus their suppliers (Crosnoe Gold & Silver), Paul Schnare (Sunny Hill Gardens & Florist), Neil Glass (assistant superintendent), Carla Fee (building principal at Central Junior High School), Alan Bruns (assistant principal at Central Junior High School), the Cape Girardeau School District maintenance department, Teen Challenge, students, parents, teachers, alumni and the many other volunteers.
Again, thanks to all of you for making this a great day for our school district. It makes me proud to be a Tiger.
TERRY W. KITCHEN, athletic director, Central Junior High School, Cape Girardeau