- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Golden Corral nearing opening; soft open scheduled for Monday or Tuesday (2/12/17)8
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)21
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Local project a team effort
It is amazing what a team can do when its members come together with the same goal. On June 9, we had more than 100 volunteers come together as a team to revitalize the outdoor facilities on the Central Junior High School athletic/physical education area. The areas of revitalization included the painting of the press box area, the football goals, the spectator bleachers, the storage building, the baseball dugouts, the baseball fencing, etc. This type of job could not have been accomplished in this short time period without a united team effort.
Please allow me to recognize the following individuals and groups that made this day possible: Justin Jones (The Mission Continues) and Al Hrabosky (Fox Sports Midwest), military veterans, local National Guard unit, Lowe's, Cape Color World, American Red Cross, Southeast Missouri State Athletics, Southeast Missouri Builders Supply, KENCO, Ultimate Flooring and Paint plus their suppliers (Crosnoe Gold & Silver), Paul Schnare (Sunny Hill Gardens & Florist), Neil Glass (assistant superintendent), Carla Fee (building principal at Central Junior High School), Alan Bruns (assistant principal at Central Junior High School), the Cape Girardeau School District maintenance department, Teen Challenge, students, parents, teachers, alumni and the many other volunteers.
Again, thanks to all of you for making this a great day for our school district. It makes me proud to be a Tiger.
TERRY W. KITCHEN, athletic director, Central Junior High School, Cape Girardeau