- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Police: Nurse assistant stole ring from patient's finger (10/27/16)10
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)21
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)10
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Cape teacher resigns after accusation of assaulting student at football game (10/26/16)11
Capaha Classic 5K & Children's Run - Register Now
The Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department will be holding the 25th Annual Capaha Classic 5K Run and Children's One-Mile Run on Saturday, July 14.
The cost of the event will be $15 for those who register in advance. The fee to register the day of the race will be $20. Registration begins at 6:45 a.m. and will continue until 7:40 a.m. All participants will receive a Capaha Classic t-shirt and refreshments following the race. The 5k Run begins at 8 a.m. with the Children's One Mile run following at 8:45 a.m.
The 5K course gives runners a challenging and scenic run through the rolling hills of residential Cape Girardeau. The Children's One-Mile Run is a loop around Capaha Park designed specifically for the young runner; this course makes it easy for spectators to watch the children for the entire mile.
Awards will be given out to the top three overall finishers as well as the top three finishers in each age group for the 5K. Awards will also be handed out to the top three finishers in each age group for the Children's One-Mile Run.
Stick around after the races for the opportunity to win a great door prize. The event is co-sponsored by Kidd's Gas & Convenience Store, Fitness Plus, McDonalds, and Pepsi. For more information please contact the Parks and Recreation Department at 339-6340.