- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Capaha Classic 5K & Children's Run - Register Now
The Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department will be holding the 25th Annual Capaha Classic 5K Run and Children's One-Mile Run on Saturday, July 14.
The cost of the event will be $15 for those who register in advance. The fee to register the day of the race will be $20. Registration begins at 6:45 a.m. and will continue until 7:40 a.m. All participants will receive a Capaha Classic t-shirt and refreshments following the race. The 5k Run begins at 8 a.m. with the Children's One Mile run following at 8:45 a.m.
The 5K course gives runners a challenging and scenic run through the rolling hills of residential Cape Girardeau. The Children's One-Mile Run is a loop around Capaha Park designed specifically for the young runner; this course makes it easy for spectators to watch the children for the entire mile.
Awards will be given out to the top three overall finishers as well as the top three finishers in each age group for the 5K. Awards will also be handed out to the top three finishers in each age group for the Children's One-Mile Run.
Stick around after the races for the opportunity to win a great door prize. The event is co-sponsored by Kidd's Gas & Convenience Store, Fitness Plus, McDonalds, and Pepsi. For more information please contact the Parks and Recreation Department at 339-6340.