- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- Aldi store reopens after renovations (11/14/17)3
- Chantelle Becking strives to make a difference through her family and community (11/10/17)
- Federal jury finds surgeon Fonn guilty of kickback scheme (11/10/17)4
- Residents view pedestrian bridge as eyesore; city manager says it's designed to rust (11/13/17)8
- Jackson elementary students try to help others with 'kindness boxes' (11/6/17)1
- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Search reveals body in lake near Poplar Bluff; foul play suspected (11/12/17)
Capaha Classic 5K & Children's Run - Register Now
The Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department will be holding the 25th Annual Capaha Classic 5K Run and Children's One-Mile Run on Saturday, July 14.
The cost of the event will be $15 for those who register in advance. The fee to register the day of the race will be $20. Registration begins at 6:45 a.m. and will continue until 7:40 a.m. All participants will receive a Capaha Classic t-shirt and refreshments following the race. The 5k Run begins at 8 a.m. with the Children's One Mile run following at 8:45 a.m.
The 5K course gives runners a challenging and scenic run through the rolling hills of residential Cape Girardeau. The Children's One-Mile Run is a loop around Capaha Park designed specifically for the young runner; this course makes it easy for spectators to watch the children for the entire mile.
Awards will be given out to the top three overall finishers as well as the top three finishers in each age group for the 5K. Awards will also be handed out to the top three finishers in each age group for the Children's One-Mile Run.
Stick around after the races for the opportunity to win a great door prize. The event is co-sponsored by Kidd's Gas & Convenience Store, Fitness Plus, McDonalds, and Pepsi. For more information please contact the Parks and Recreation Department at 339-6340.