- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)4
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
Capaha Classic 5K & Children's Run - Register Now
The Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department will be holding the 25th Annual Capaha Classic 5K Run and Children's One-Mile Run on Saturday, July 14.
The cost of the event will be $15 for those who register in advance. The fee to register the day of the race will be $20. Registration begins at 6:45 a.m. and will continue until 7:40 a.m. All participants will receive a Capaha Classic t-shirt and refreshments following the race. The 5k Run begins at 8 a.m. with the Children's One Mile run following at 8:45 a.m.
The 5K course gives runners a challenging and scenic run through the rolling hills of residential Cape Girardeau. The Children's One-Mile Run is a loop around Capaha Park designed specifically for the young runner; this course makes it easy for spectators to watch the children for the entire mile.
Awards will be given out to the top three overall finishers as well as the top three finishers in each age group for the 5K. Awards will also be handed out to the top three finishers in each age group for the Children's One-Mile Run.
Stick around after the races for the opportunity to win a great door prize. The event is co-sponsored by Kidd's Gas & Convenience Store, Fitness Plus, McDonalds, and Pepsi. For more information please contact the Parks and Recreation Department at 339-6340.