- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Man who walked into traffic on I-55 charged with statutory sodomy
A man who shot himself in the face then walked in front of traffic on Interstate 55 in April has been arrested on a statutory sodomy charge.
Quinton W. Headrick Jr., 43, of Cape Girardeau, on Tuesday was arrested on a Cape Girardeau County warrant and charged with first-degree statutory sodomy. His arraignment is scheduled for Monday.
The alleged victim reported the sexual assault to the Cape Girardeau Police Department on April 15. The victim said she had been staying at Headrick's home the previous evening, where the incident occurred.
Headrick parked his car along I-55, shot himself and walked into traffic while police were interviewing the victim, according to a probable-cause statement. He was hit by a tractor-trailer.
Police and medical personnel responded to the incident at about 9 a.m. April 17 near I-55 mile marker 90. Headrick was transported to an area hospital before being transported to a St. Louis hospital with life-threatening injuries.
He was in the Cape Girardeau County Jail on $100,000 bond Wednesday.