- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)15
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Company to start recruiting businesses to Jackson, Cape (12/9/16)14
- 13 venues, 60 sponsors participating in Happy Slapowitz's Toy Bash on Thursday (12/7/16)2
Student Travels to Bolivia for Public Health Work
Kristi Eftink of Cape Girardeau, a Master of Public Health student from the University of Missouri, traveled to rural Bolivia for public health education. Kristi traveled with the Engineers Without Borders team from Rolla, Missouri to Los Eucaliptos, Bolivia from May 23 to June 6. Kristi met with community members to educate on first aid, sanitation, and oral hygiene.
For more information, e-mail Kristi at email@example.com.