- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Candidate questionnaire: Bob Adams
NAME: BOB ADAMS
PLACE OF BIRTH: CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO.
SPOUSE, CHILDREN'S NAMES:
I AM MARRIED TO LARAINE NISWONGER ADAMS. WE HAVE A SON, BLAKE, WHO LIVES IN CAPE GIRARDEAU, AND A DAUGHTER, MEREDITH, DECEASED.
OCCUPATION: REAL ESTATE APPRAISER
I GRADUATED FROM SCOTT CITY HIGH SCHOOL AND ATTENDED SOUTHEAST MISSOURI STATE UNIVERSITY.
I AM SELF-EMPLOYED AT ADAMS APPRAISAL SER VICE IN JACKSON, MO.
PUBLIC OFFICES HELD OR SOUGHT; GIVE DATES:
I SERVED ON THE JACKSON CITY COUNCIL FROM 1977-1983 AND WAS ON THE JACKSON PLANNING AND ZONING FROM 1984-1996.
WHAT MAKES YOU THE BEST CANDIDATE FOR THIS OFFICE?
I'VE APPRAISED REAL ESTATE FOR 33 YEARS; COMPLETING OVER 33,000 RESIDENTIAL/COMMERCIAL APPRAISALS, MOSTLY IN CAPE COUNTY. I AM A STATE CERTIFIED GENERAL REAL ESTATE APPRAISER. I KEEP CURRENT ON NEW TRENDS/REGULATIONS IN ASSESSING PROPERTY VALUES THROUGH CONTINUING EDUCATION CLASSES. FOR YEARS I HAVE USED A TEAM APPROACH TO LEAD MY OWN OFFICE STAFF/APPRAISERS. I ALREADY HAVE A GOOD RAPPORT WITH OTHER COUNTY ASSESSOR OFFICES, MAKING IT USEFUL TO NETWORK WITH THEM, THEREFORE BENEFITTING CAPE COUNTY.
YOUR PREDECESSOR WAS IN OFFICE FOR DECADES. HOW WILL YOU ENSURE A SMOOTH TRANSITION TO NEW LEADERSHIP?
TO INSURE A SMOOTH TRANSITION, I HAVE BEEN VISITING HIS OFFICE A FEW TIMES EACH WEEK FOR YEARS. JERRY REYNOLDS HAS DONE AN EXCELLENT JOB, AND I ALREADY ENJOY A GOOD WORKING RELATIONSHIP WITH HIM. I KNOW AND RESPECT THE PRESENT OFFICE STAFF AND WOULD LIKE THE OPPORTUNITY TO BLEND THEIR SKILLS AND MINE INTO A COHESIVE TEAM.
THROUGHOUT MY CAREER AS AN APPRAISER, I'VE STUDIED AND ANALYZED PROPERTIES ACROSS SOUTHEAST MISSOURI -- MOST IN CAPE COUNTY. AS YOUR ASSESSOR, I KNOW OUR PEOPLE AND COMMUNITIES VERY WELL, AND THEY KNOW ME. I UNDERSTAND THE CHALLENGES OUR COUNTY FACES AND KNOW THE STEPS THAT NEED TO BE TAKEN TO MAKE OUR AREA THRIVE. ON AUGUST 7, PLEASE CONSIDER MY RELEVANT EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND COMMITMENT TO CAPE COUNTY. THANK YOU.