- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Candidate questionnaire: Ron Andrews
NAME: Ron Andrews
PLACE OF BIRTH: Sikeston, MO
SPOUSE, CHILDREN'S NAMES:
Brad, Bryan, Brandon, Brandi
Geographic Systems Coordinator/iasWorld Project Manager
A.A. Associate of Applied Science in Computer Science
B.S. Computer Science and Business Admininstration from Southeast MO State University (Magna cum laude)
IAAO (International Association of Assessing Officers)
ESRI (Enviromental Systems Research Institute)
Pictometry (an Aerial Imagery Company)
Attendee of educational property appraisal and assessment administration seminars
American Heart Association Heartsaver First Aid, CPR, AED certification
Cape Girardeau County Assessor's Office
BUSINESSES OWNED, ALL OR PART: None
PUBLIC OFFICES HELD OR SOUGHT; GIVE DATES:
WHAT MAKES YOU THE BEST CANDIDATE FOR THIS OFFICE?
25 years of hands-on experience working for the Cape Girardeau County Assessor's Office in the implementation and support of CAMA (Computer Assisted Mass Appraisal) technology used for Real Estate and Personal Property appraisal and assessment administration. In-depth knowledge of State of Missouri property assessment requirements. Proven track record of ability to work cooperatively and effectively with ALL County elected officeholders and staffs. Service-oriented, honest, fair, open-minded, energetic, conservative, accessible.
YOUR PREDECESSOR WAS IN OFFICE FOR DECADES. HOW WILL YOU ENSURE A SMOOTH TRANSITION TO NEW LEADERSHIP?
With my extensive experience in the operation and mission of the Assessor's office, the segueway should be smooth and seamless. I will retain the current, very talented, and experienced staff who are dedicated to insure Citizen service needs are met. I will perform a business GAP analysis to identify services that can be improved and services that need to be added.
Property assessments and taxes are not the most popular subjects of thought and discusssion, but are essential in providing the resources to support infrastructure and services that Cape Girardeau County citizens deserve. What will you get when Ron Andrews is elected? You will get a dedicated public servant, with a mission to provide friendly, courteous, and professional service.
It would be an honor to serve the Citizens of Cape Girardeau County as County Assessor.