- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)6
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)18
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
Speak Out 6/20/12
God in America
"God bless the USA." We are the nation that is land of the free, home of the brave, and yet we are a nation that is being told to honor a Christian God is politically incorrect. How is it that I must forgo my religious freedom so that someone else is not offended? There is a growing trend in America that should alarm us all; we have moved so far to the left we are balanced on the precipice of communism. Wake up, America. God better bless the USA because our politicians want to destroy the USA I was born in.
Ronald Reagan dealt with a serious recession by spending on public sector jobs to get the economy out of the doldrums. Many Republican members of Congress want to do this as well but will not take any action until they defeat President Obama. Then, they promise, they will once again start putting people ahead of politics. But can we afford to wait?
For several years I have watched one of my neighbors throw his yard refuse onto public school property, and the school employees have dutifully removed it. He has done it again this year, and I'm sure the school workers will take care of it. The money I pay for the school maintenance is not intended to accommodate people in the surrounding neighborhood. Just as it is illegal to use someone else's Dumpster, there is probably a law to cover this. I want school officials to know that not all your neighbors are like this and apologize for the continued vandalism by this one individual.