- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Jackson police describe night of anger, car crashes, drug possession by 18-year-old (1/22/17)5
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- A message from heaven (1/23/17)
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Area residents among those attending inauguration, women's march (1/22/17)90
- Comedian, cancer survivor Tom Green headlines sold-out Cancer Center benefit (1/22/17)
Speak Out 6/20/12
God in America
"God bless the USA." We are the nation that is land of the free, home of the brave, and yet we are a nation that is being told to honor a Christian God is politically incorrect. How is it that I must forgo my religious freedom so that someone else is not offended? There is a growing trend in America that should alarm us all; we have moved so far to the left we are balanced on the precipice of communism. Wake up, America. God better bless the USA because our politicians want to destroy the USA I was born in.
Ronald Reagan dealt with a serious recession by spending on public sector jobs to get the economy out of the doldrums. Many Republican members of Congress want to do this as well but will not take any action until they defeat President Obama. Then, they promise, they will once again start putting people ahead of politics. But can we afford to wait?
For several years I have watched one of my neighbors throw his yard refuse onto public school property, and the school employees have dutifully removed it. He has done it again this year, and I'm sure the school workers will take care of it. The money I pay for the school maintenance is not intended to accommodate people in the surrounding neighborhood. Just as it is illegal to use someone else's Dumpster, there is probably a law to cover this. I want school officials to know that not all your neighbors are like this and apologize for the continued vandalism by this one individual.