- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Local House, Senate candidates to speak at Pachyderm meeting Thursday
Candidates for local state House and Senate races will field questions Thursday night at a public forum hosted by the Southeast Missouri Pachyderm Club, including those from the House's 146th and 147th districts and the Senate's 27th District.
"This is an amazing opportunity for voters to come out and see these candidates speak for the first time," said Scott R. Clark, club vice president and program chair.
Kathy Swan, a member of the Cape Girardeau City Council, is the only candidate for the 147th. The 146th has three candidates, Van Hitt, Rep. Donna Lichtenegger, R-Jackson, and Gerald Adams. Candidates for the 27th Senate seat are Reps. Wayne Wallingford, R-Cape Girardeau, and Ellen Brandom, R-Sikeston.
Cape Girardeau County is divided into two districts. The 147th is comprised of mostly the city of Cape Girardeau. The 146th is the remaining portion of the county. The new 27th senatorial district is made up of the counties of Bollinger, Cape Girardeau, Madison, Perry, Scott and Wayne.
The program is open to the public. A meal is served at 6 p.m., with the program to start at 7 p.m. The event will be at Dexter Bar-B-Que in Cape Girardeau, 236 S. Broadview St.
236 S. Broadview, Cape Girardeau, MO